Mahr, A.: Irish prehistoric handicraft, 2-9.
Leask, H.G.: The characteristic features of Irish architecture from early times to the twelfth century, 10-31.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: Castle and Manor of
Price, Liam: The need for a study of Irish place names, 29-33.
Ó Ríordáin, S.P.: An Urn Burial from
O’Riordain, S.P.: Finding of a St. Brigids Cross in dolmen (note), 36.
newspaper report: Excavations at Cush [Co. Limerick], 1934 (from the Irish Times, 19/11/1934), 36.
newspaper report: [Excavations
newspaper report: Excavations in the Burren [Co. Clare], 1934 (from the Irish Times, 12/11/1934), 37-38.
Wallace, J.N.A. (probably): Crannog and Bronze Age find at Rosroe [Knocknalappa], Co. Clare (O.S. 6 in. map, 42), 38.
Wallace, J.N.A.: Frescoes at
Wallace, J.N.A.: Sheela-na-gig at
M.M.: Killeely and Kilfinane, their patrons (note), 39.
Wallace, J.N.A.: The Monsell of Tervoe shrine (note), 39-40.
Hayes, Richard.: The
German colony in
Wall, Thomas: A Bishop of Limerick and a line of kings, 54-55.
O’Riordain, S.P.: "incense cup"
from Tinderry, Co.
Mahr, Adolf: Irish Early Christian Handicraft, 57-66.
Callanan, M.: The de Burgos or Bourkes of Ileagh, 67-77.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: An unpublished Cromwellian document, 78-81.
anonymous: Excavation of two stone circles at Lough Gur, [Co. Limerick] (1936), 82.
anonymous: Excavations of stone circle and two stone forts at Lough Gur (1937), 82.
Rafferty Joseph: Knocknalappa Crannog, Co. Clare (note), 83.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: The Castle and Manor of Dromineer (note), 84.
Hincken [recte Hencken], H. O’Neill:
Wallace, J.N.A.: The Golden Bog of Cullen, 89-101.
Moloney, Michael: The Parish of St. Patrick,
Hewson, R.F.: The Augustinian Priory, Adare, 108-112.
Hayes, Richard: Some notable
anonymous: Stone axes from Rathjordan [Co. Limerick] (note), 124.
anonymous: Excavations at Lough Gur, 1938 (note), 124-125.
Leask, H.G.: The architecture of the
Cistercian Order in
Gleeson, Dermot F.: The Diocese of Killaloe in the 13th century, 142-158.
Westropp, M.S.D.: The goldsmiths of
Hayes, Richard: Some Limerick wills, 163-168.
Power, P. (ed.): Some Ordnance Survey Letters of Dr. John O'Donovan, 169-174.
anonymous: An O’Moloney foundation in
Inquisitor: Query re
ní Shúilebhain, Eilís: Maighdean Luimnigh, 1640–1940, 1-3.
O’Donovan, Maire: Gerald Griffin’s nieces, 11-13.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: The collegiate church of Iniscathaigh, 14-30.
ni Mhurchadha, Eilis: From Royal Kincora to Croom of the Merriment: a review of some of the literature of Thomond, 31-42.
Power, P.: Some letters of Dr. John O’Donovan, 43-46.
M.M.: Bulla of Boniface VIII from Co. Limerick churchyard (note), 47.
MacL., E. [probably Edward MacLysaght]: Some notable
R.F.H. [Hewson?]: Holy well at Curragh Chase (note), 47.
anonymous: Excavations at Lough Gur, 1939 (note), 47-49.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: The episcopal succession of Killaloe, A.D. 1317–1616, 51-62.
Wyse Jackson, R.: Old church silver of
Hayes, Richard: Some old
Herbert, Robert: The City of
de Bh, T. [probably Thomas Wall]: Eoghan Ó Caomhánaigh (note), 90.
Mac Aodhagáin, Parthalán: Filí Luimnighe (note), 91.
R.H. [this could be Richard Hayes or Robert Herbert]: Gerald Griffin centenary (note), 92.
Leask, H.G.: The ancient walls of
Ó Lochlainn, Colm: Contemporary estimate for
Clancy, John: The episcopal succession of Killaloe, A.D. 1616 to modern times, 112-120.
Herbert, Robert: The trade guilds of
Wallace, J.N.A.: Notes on
Ryan, John: The O’Briens in
Wallace, J.N.A.: Carved stone pillar at
Ó N., P. (ed.): West Limerick Gaelic poems, 167-169.
Raftery, Joseph: Recent acquisitions from Co.
anonymous: Excavations at Lough Gur, 1940 (note), 172-173.
Wyse Jackson, R.: Eighteenth century visiting cards (note), 173-174.
R.F.H. [Hewson?]: Chancel corbels in the Franciscan friary churches at Quin and Adare (note), 174.
R.F.H. [Hewson?]: An unusual piscina (note), 174.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: Sheela na gig at Ballyportray Castle, Co. Clare (note), 174.
Ryan, John: The O’Briens in
Raftery, Joseph: Knocknalappa Carnnóg, Co. Clare, 53-72.
O'Kelly, Michael J.: A survey of the
antiquities of the Barony of Small County,
MacSpealáin, Gearóid (F.G. Spencer): Notes on
place-names in the city and
Hayes, Richard: Some notes on the United
R.H.: An inventory of the goods &c. of the Revd. Mr. Jon. Head Decd., 122-123.
Jackson, R. Wyse: A copy book of 1731 (note), 123.
anonymous: Information wanted—
Gleeson, Dermot F.: The Manor of Ballinaclogh in Ormond, 129-143.
MacSpealáin, Gearóid (F.G. Spencer): Some
interesting place names in
Hayes, Richard: Some letters of a Thomond antiquary, 162-168.
O'Kelly, Michael J.: A survey of the
antiquities of the Barony of Small County,
Ryan, John: The Dalcassians, 189-202.
Clancy, John: Gleaning in seventeenth century Kilrush, 203-212.
Bairead, Feargus: The Northmen of
O’Kelly, Michael J.: A survey of the
antiquities of the Barony of Small County,
Moloney, Michael: Mungret, 1-15.
O’Kelly, Michael J.: A survey of the
antiquities of the Barony of Small County,
Hunt, John: Powder horn (note), 54.
Hewson, R.F.: St. Mary’s Cathedral,
Bairead, Feargus: St. Patrick’s itinerary through County Limerick, 68-73.
Hayes, Richard: Limerick and
Wallace, J.N.A.: Origin of the early marks on
Hayes, R.: A
Wallace, J.N.A.: The Limerick Wherry Club (note), 78.
R.H.: Stone penal plaque from
R.H.: Bridge at Kilmallock (note), 79.
Herbert, Robert: The antiquities of the Corporation of Limerick, 85-130.
Herbert, Robert: The chairing of Thomas Spring Rice, 133-142.
Jackson, R. Wyse: Lewis Prytherch’s manuscript, 143-151.
MacSpealáin, Gearóid (F.G. Spencer): Place
Raftery, Joseph: A decorated bronze zoomorphic brooch (note), 164-165.
Raftery, Joseph: A bronze triangular dagger
Jackson, R. Wyse: The Armenian visits
Herbert, Robert: The Reverend John Thayer and Gideon Ouseley, 167-178.
Egan, Bartholomew: Franciscan
MacLysaght, Edward: Some observations on Thomond surnames, 11-17.
Ua Danachair, Caoimhin: The traditional
Kaftannikoff, Luba: Discovery of the high cross at Kilfenora, 33.
Gwnn, Aubrey: The diocese of
Herbert, Robert: The Lax Weir and fishers stent of
Jackson, R. Wyse: John Davis White of Cashel, 62-67.
Ó Riordáin, Sean P. & Lucas A.T.:
Excavation of a small crannog at Rathjordan, Co.
Wallace, J.N.A.: Eighteenth-century silver buttons (note), 81.
MacSpealáin, Gearóid (F.G. Spencer): Place
Ni Chinneide, Sighle: A Frenchman’s
Hogan, Patrick (ed.): Thady O’Halloran of Ballycunneen, Co. Clare, 1727–1798. His common-place book, 102-116.
Herbert, Robert: Castleconnell and its spa, 117-140.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: Parish bounds in the Killaloe Diocese, 1-8.
Taheny, L.: Lorrha Dominican priory, 9-15.
Hunt, John: Romanesque head from Peter’s Cell, 16-17.
Stewart, S. & Herbert, R.:
Some Georgian houses of
Wyse Jackson, R.: Some church silver of
Wyse Jackson, R.: The walls of Cashel, 24-25.
Wallace, J.N.A.: 26-##
MacLysaght, E.: The Arthur Manuscripts, 29-49.
Herbert, Robert: Manuscript notes by H.W. Russell, 50-62.
Wyse Jackson, R.: The oldest book in Cashel library (note), 63-65.
Hanrahan, E.T.: Note on old timber road
excavated Limerick–Dublin main road, Annaholty, near
MacLysaght, E. & Ainsworth, John: The Arthur Manuscript, 29-49.
Blake Butler, T.: The O’Shaughnessy woods; with some notes on the families of O’Shea, Butler, Upton, O’Flaherty, Martyn, Ringrose etc. in the Barony of Kiltartan, 83-90.
O'Neill, Thomas P. (ed.): Letters from James
Fintan Lalor in
Gleeson, D.F.: Churches in the Deanery of Ormond, 96-108.
Blackall, Sir Henry: The
Gleeson, Dermot F.: Churches in the Deanery of Ormond (continued), 130-135.
Cantwell, D.: The place-names of the parish of Croom, 136-142.
Dillon, Katherine: Extracts from the minute book of the Ennis Volunteers, 1778, 143-151.
Anonymous [probably the Editor, i.e. Richard Herbert]: Find of stone axe [at Cloonfeaghera, Corofin], ##-##.
Blackall, Sir Henry: The Galwey family (query), 152.
Paginated in error as Vol. VI, No. 5
Blackall, Sir Henry: The Butlers of County Clare (continued), 153-167.
MacLysaght, E. & Ainsworth, John (eds.): The Arthur Manuscript (continued), 168-##.
Cantwell, David: Some further place-names of Coshma: the parish of Banogue, 183-186.
Dillon, Katherine (ed.): Donal Stewart and
the Mineral Survey of the
Dillon, Katherine & O'Brien, Murrogh V. (eds.): "Catalogue of Irish Minerals in the Museum of
Morris, Thomas: The
Barry, Jennifer: Some Limerick documents from
de Varebeke, Hubert Jannsens: Going to Holy Cross, 16-18.
Blackall, Sir Henry: The Butlers of County Clare (concluded), 19-45.
Cantwell, David: More place-names of Mid Limerick: the parish of Manistir, 46-52.
Hewson, Robert H.: Notes on the old churches in Adare, 53-56.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: Cross slabs on Illuanmore [recte Illaunmore], 57.
Gwynn, Aubrey: Richard II and the chieftains of Thomond, 1-8.
Hogan, Patrick (ed.): The common place book of Thady O’Halloran of Ballycunneen, Bunratty, Co. Clare (1727–98), 9-17.
Wyse Jackson, Robert: Antiquities of Cashel, 18-20.
Wyse Jackson, Robert: Mediaeval objects from Ballysheehan, 21-22.
de Varebeke, Hubert Janssens: The Barringtons of Limerick, 23-28.
Kaftannikov, Luba: The high crosses of Kilfenora, 29-30.
Blackall, Sir Henry: "The Butler Archbishops of Cashel": a postscript, 31.
M[oloney], M.: The Limerick Manor of Fontimel: a Westropp-Orpen controversy, 32.
Cunningham, Myles: Architecture in
Ainsworth, John (ed.): The Arthur Manuscript, 4-10.
Wyse Jackson, R.: Cashel Annals—up to 1500 A.D., 15-19.
Bardwick, L.J.: O'Grady of Cappercullen, 20-22.
MacLysaght, E.A. & Ainsworth, John F. (eds.): The Arthur Manuscript (continued), 2-19.
Gwynn, Aubrey: Were the "Annals of Inisfallen" written in Killaloe? 20-33.
O'Kelly, Michael J.: A court cairn at
Hickey, J.: The O’Hickeys, hereditary physicians to the O'Briens of Thomond and some of their descendants, 38-41.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: Saint Patrick in Ormond, 42-44.
Gleeson, Dermot F.: The
Wyse Jackson, Robert: Some Irish provincial silver, 59-62.
O'Kelly, Michael J.: A wedge-gallery grave at
Moloney, M.: How
O'Dwyer, Michael: A survey of the earthworks of the district of old Pallasgrean, 69-78.
MacLysaght, E.A. & Ainsworth, John F. (eds.): The Arthur Manuscript (continued), 79-87.
H[unt], J.: Bunratty mound (note), 88-89.
F.G.A.: Excavation of two ringforts near
L[eask], H.G.: Architecture in nineteenth
M[oloney], M.: The Abbey of Mothel,
M[oloney], M.: Ballyhea churchyard: medieval slab with effigy (note), 95-97.
Newspaper article, 6 February 1883:
C.F.: Plans of the
R.O’S.: Martin Morris, architect, was responsible for the rebuilding of St. Michael's in 1881 (note), ##.
Moloney, Michael: Bunratty remembers, 109-110.
O’Dwyer, Michael: A survey of the earthworks
in the district of old Pallasgrean, Co.
Dolley, R.H.M.: Some new light on the Viking-age silver hoard from Mungret, 116-133.
Wyse Jackson, Robert: The old
Went, Arthur E.J.: Historical notes on the fisheries of some tidal tributaries of the River Shannon, 138-155.
Dolley, R.H.M.: A small find of
fourteenth-century coins from
McNamara, Leo F.: An examination of the medieval Irish text Caithréim Thoirdhealbhaigh, 182-192.
Rynne, Etienne: Was Desmond Castle, Adare, erected on a ringfort? 193-202.
Dolley, R.H.M.: corrigenda, p131. 205.
Wyse Jackson, R.: An introduction to Irish silver, 1-24.
MacLysaght, Edward A. & Ainsworth, John (eds.): The Arthur Manuscript, 51-59.
Tierney, Mark: The 1821–22 incident in Morroe, 60-68.
Moloney, M.: Religious houses in Medieval Limerick, 69-73.
de Varebeke, Hubert: The names of Abington (note), 74.
Corcoran, J.X.W.P.: A Scandinavian flint dagger from Scarriff, Co. Clare, 83-88.
Rynne, Etienne: A cist-burial near Rearcross,
O’Dwyer, Michael: A Survey of the earthworks of the district of Old Pallasgrean (concluded), 94-98.
Moloney, M.: Beccan’s Hermitage in Aherlow; the riddle of the slabs, 99-107.
document: List of freeholders and gentlemen in Co. Limerick in 1570 [presented by J.B. Pierse], 108-116.
Snoddy, Oliver: The
Ó Danachair, Caoimhín: "Chalk Sunday", 123-126.
Danaher, Peter: Human skeletons unearthed near Foynes (note), 127.
M.M.: "The King’s Grave" at Glennagross, Co. Clare (note), 127-129.
Rynne, Etienne: Toghers in
Lee, Gerard A.: Medieval Kilmallock, 145-154.
Snoddy, Cliodna: Some notes on Parliament and
Hewson, Michael: A word-list from South-West Clare, 182-186.
Rynne, Etienne: Stone axehead from Currahchase, near Adare (note), 187.
Rynne, Etienne: Rynne, Etienne: Souterrain at
McDonnell, James: Carved stones at Kilnanare, Co. Kerry (note), 190-191.
Snoddy, Oliver: An 18th century hearth tax roll (note), 193.
Snoddy, Oliver: The Battle of Collooney (see pages 117–122): some footnotes, 193-194.
Hewson, Michael: A source for nineteenth century Clare history (note), 194-195.
newspaper article: An "
Harbison, Peter: Mining and metallurgy in
Early Bronze Age
Lee, Gerard A.: The leper hospitals of
Ó Danachair, Caoimhín: Faction fighting in
Cahir, Brendan: Isaac Butt and the
Herity, Michael: Excavation near Ballinskelligs, Co. Kerry (interim report), 67.
Eogan, George: A hoard of bronze objects from Booltiaghadine, Co. Clare, 67-69.
Fowler, P.J.: Ridge-and-furrow cultivation at
Ó Ríordáin, A.B.: Crannog at Knockroe, near Kilfenora, Co. Clare, 71.
Rynne, Etienne: Earthworks around Ballydoyle
Rynne, Etienne: Inscribed stone plaque from Lisdoonvarna Castle, 74-76.
Jackson, John S.: Stone head from near Newcastle West, 76-77.
Waterer, John W.: Leather objects of interest in the Limerick Museum, 78-79.
Keane, Edward: ’98 Prisoners in Limerick Goal [recte Gaol], 79-82.
Snoddy, Oliver: The Order of Liberators, 82-84.
Rynne, Etienne & O’Sullivan, John C.: Two
urn-burials from Cush, Co.
Harbison, Peter: A decorated stone fragment
from Terryglass, Co.
Ryan, Martin: The Franciscan houses of Thomond in 1616, 112-115.
Herity, Michael: Eugene O’Curry’s early life: details from an unpublished letter, 143-147.
Bourke, Marcus: John O’Leary’s place in the Fenian movement, 148-156.
Seoighe, Mainchín: The Fenian attack on Kilmallock Police Barracks, 157-168.
Keane, Edward: Active Fenians in Co. Limerick as listed in the Crown Solicitor’s brief, 169-172.
Mac Giolla Choille, Breandán: Mourning the
Martyrs: a study of a demonstration in
Cussen, Robert: The Lartigue: a review article, 213-217.
Herity, Michael: Excavation near Derrynane, Co. Kerry (interim report), 218.
Ryan, Martin: Fulachta fiadha near Killinaboy, Co. Clare, 218-219.
Raftery, Barry: A cross-inscribed stone from Co. Tipperary, 219-221.
Rynne, Etienne: A Sheela-na-gig at Clonlara, Co. Clare, 221-222.
Dolley, Michael: An early sixteenth century
coin-hoard from the eastern slopes of
Lynch, Thomas: The Kilmallock Raid, 1867, 225-226.
Rynne, Etienne: The Kilmallock pikes, 226-227.
Raftery, Barry: A newly-discovered hillfort
at Garrangrena Lower, Co.
Rynne, Etienne: Excavation of a house-site in Fanore Sandhills, Co. Clare, 7-12.
Leech, Roger H.: Cogadh Gaedhel re Gallaibh and The Annals of Inisfallen, 13-21.
Dolley, Michael: New light on the 1872 find of coins from Ballykinvarga (Kilfenora), Co. Clare, 22-26.
Andrews, J.H.: An Elizabethan map of Kilmallock, 27-35.
MacCarvill, Eileen: Jonathan Swift, Aodh Buí Mac Cruitín, and contemporary Thomond scholars, 36-46.
Quane, Michael: Dr. Jeremy Hall Endowed
ffolliott, Rosemary: Some schoolmasters in the Diocese of Killaloe, 1808, 57-63.
Ó Máille, T.S.:
Dolley, Michael & Seaby, W.A.: A very late 14th or early 15th century coin-hoard from near Roscrea, 71-73.
Pagan, Hugh: A 15th century coin-hoard from Co. Clare, 73-74.
Dunlevy, Mairead: A bronze ring-pin from
Rynne, Etienne: Boat graffito in Corcomroe Abbey, 76.
MacNamara, G.U.: Flogging at Corofin, 1798, 77.
O’Connell, Gerald: Old bow-ways and chimney-stacks in Ennis, 77-78.
Snoddy, Oliver: Footnote to Caleb Powell’s 1858 Grand Jury, 78-79.
Snoddy, Oliver: A Land League membership card from Adare, 79-81.
Monsignor Hamilton: Word-list from Clonlara, Co. Clare, 81-83.
NMAJ Volume XII (1969)
Waddell, John: Two Bronze Age burials from
Reardnogy More, Co.
Fanning, Thomas: The bronze ringed pins in
Lucas, A.T.: A horizontal mill at
Dolley, Michael: The mediæval coin-hoards of Thomond, 23-34.
Harbison, Peter: A 16th century Spanish wooden statue from Co. Clare, 35-40.
Howard, Leonard: The Penal Laws in
Coen, Martin: The Post-Reformation Catholic Bishops of Kilfenora, 53-62.
Tierney, Mark: Dr. Thomas Kane’s Continental tour, 16th July–13th September 1837, 63-80.
Rynne, Etienne: Harriet Smithson, the Ennis-born wife of Hector Berlioz, 81-84.
MacLysaght, E.A.: Surnames of County Clare, 85-89.
Rynne, Etienne: A stone alignment and a stone
circle near Rearcross, Co.
Rynne, Etienne: A Romanesque head from Feakle, Co. Clare, 91-92.
Raftery, Joseph: A Sheela-na-gig from
NMAJ Volume XIII (1970)
Timoney, Martin A.: A halberd from Clounloum Bog, Co. Clare, 3-5.
Fanning, Thomas: Excavation of a ringfort at
Bowling Green, Thurles, Co.
Howard, Leonard: The Penal Laws in
Rynne, Etienne: The Corcomroe wooden graveslab, 37-39.
Ó Danachair, Caoimhin: The Irish language in
MacLysaght, E.A.: Christian names in
O’Connell, Gerald: Honest Tom Steele and the Birr Stone (note), 57-58.
Rynne, Etienne: A cure for sore eyes (note), 58.
NMAJ Volume XIV (1971)
Timoney, Martin A.: Ancient monuments in the neighbourhood of Broadford, Co. Clare, compiled by Lieutenant-Colonel William Audrey Bentley, 3-16.
Champion, Timothy: The end of the Irish Bronze Age, 17-24.
Fanning, Thomas: Two cross-inscribed stones from Reask, Co. Kerry, at Adare Manor, 25-28.
Harbison, Peter: Some medieval Thomond tomb-sculpture: lost, found and imaginary, 29-36.
Rynne, Etienne: A late medieval casket from Knockmore, Co. Clare, 37-40.
Egan, Bartholomew: Superiors of the
Franciscan friaries at Adare, Askeaton, and
Dolley, Michael: A nineteenth-century discovery of Elizabethan coins in Co. Clare, 46-48.
Howard, Leonard: The Penal Laws in North Kerry, 1677–1685, 49-52.
Ó Danachair, Caoimhín: The Shannon in military history, 53-64.
Ní Chinnéide, Síle: A journey from
Rynne, Etienne: A dated wooden beam from Askeaton, 75-76.
Timoney, Martin A.: A stoup from Clonlea, Co. Clare, 76-77.
NMAJ Volume XV (1972)
Harbison, Peter: Some Romanesque heads from
Talbot, Eric J.: Lorrha Motte,
Timoney, Martin A.: ‘Móin na gCaoineach’ tower-house, Drimmeen, Co. Clare, 13-16.
de Varebeke, Hubert J.: Abbots in Anglo-Norman parliaments, 17-21.
Dunlevy, Mairead: Some comb forms of the fifteenth to eighteenth centuries, 22-27.
Quane, Michael: Kildimo Seminary, Co.
Wallace, Patrick F.: The organisation of pre-railway public transport in Counties Limerick and Clare, 34-58.
Wallace, Patrick F.: Burials at Ballyan, Co.
Rynne, Etienne: Stone cross at Gleninsheen, Co. Clare (note), 61.
NMAJ Volume XVI (1973–4)
Powell, T.G.E.: The Sintra Collar and the
Shannongrove Gorget: aspects of Late Bronze Age goldwork in the west of
Hickey, Helen: Excavation of an enclosure on
Aughinish Island, Co.
Fanning, Thomas & O’Brien, Kevin:
Earthworks at Raheen Castle, Co.
Malcolmson A.W.P.: Speaker Pery and the Pery Papers, 33-60.
Seoighe, Mainchín: Robert Peel’s views on the Peelers, 61-65.
Kelly, Tim: Ennis County Jail, 66-69.
Murphy, Ignatius: Pre-Famine passenger
services on the
Rynne, Etienne: Pygmy cup from near
MacMahon, Michael: ‘Kilmoe in ye Barony of Inchiquin….’ (note), 86-87.
Flood, Donal T.: An ancient cross at Askeaton? (note), 88-89.
Murphy, Ignatius: Preserving the round tower on Inis Cathaigh (note), 89-90.
Murphy, Ignatius: William Smith O’Brien and the teaching of Irish in West Clare (note), 90.
NMAJ Volume XVII (1975)
Rynne, Etienne (ed.):Edward A. MacLysaght: some autobiographical notes, 3-6.
Rynne, Etienne: Published work of E. Lysaght/E. A. MacLysaght/Éamonn Mac Giolla Iasachta, 7-11.
Lucas, A.T.: A stone-laid trackway and wooden
troughs, Timoney, Co.
Ó Corráin, Donnchadh: The families of Corcumroe, 21-30.
Dolley, Michael: A further note on the fourteenth-century Armorial of Ireland, 31-33.
Hunt, John: The influence of alabaster carvings on Medieval sculpture in Ennis Friary, 35-41.
MacNiocaill, Gearóid: Land-transfer in sixteenth-century Thomond: the case of Domhnall Óg Ó Cearnaigh, 43-45.
Bradshaw, Brendan: Fr. Wolfe’s description of
MacCarvill, Eileen: Johnsons—lineal descendants of Ui Néill, 55-62.
Slevin, Gerard: Funeral entries from
Ó Danachair, Caoimhín: Emigration from County Clare, 69-76.
MacLochlainn, Alf: The Irish language in
Seoighe, Mainchín: Fragments from the lost census returns: entries relating to the Kilfinane district, 83-90.
O’Ferrall, Fergus: The population of a rural
pre-Famine parish: Templebredin, counties Limerick and
Hewson, Michael: The diaries of John Singleton, of Quinville, Co. Clare, 103-109.
Ó Néill, Tomás P.: The scholar revolutionary, Eoin MacNeill—a review article, 111-113.
Henchy, Patrick: Irish Words and Expressions from Corofin, Co. Clare, 115-120.
NMAJ Volume XVIII (1976)
Harbison, Peter: The double-armed cross on the church gable at Killinaboy, Co. Clare, 3-13.
Pierse, John H.: Abbeydorney Monastery, Co. Kerry—the Canon Power manuscript, 14-30.
MacAodha, Breandán S.: Ainmneacha bhailte an Cláir ar na léarscáileanna, 1630–1831, 31- 35.
Jackson, Robert Wyse: Irish glass: beginnings to mid-nineteenth century, 37-48.
Lysaght, Patrick B.: The Reverend Foster
Archer’s visit to
Murphy, Charlotte: Gleanings from the meetings of the Corporation of Limerick, 1809–1823, 55-60.
O’Flanagan, Patrick: Placenames as sources for cultural landscape studies, 61-70.
Ryan, Michael: Two flat bronze axeheads from Knockaninaun (note), Co. Clare, 71-73.
Sweetman, P. David & de Buitléir, Muiris: Souterrain in the townland of Ahenny. Co. Tipperary (note), 73-74.
Andersen, Jorgen: Sheela-na-gig at Cleenagh Castle, Co. Clare (note), 75-76.
Rynne, Etienne: Stone head from Killilagh, Co. Clare (note), 76-78.
Murphy, Ignatius: Some forgotten Clare finds (note), 78-80.
Barry, Patrick: St. Craven’s Well, near Ennistymon, Co. Clare (note), 80-81.
NMAJ Volume XIX (1977)
Wallace, Patrick F.: A prehistoric burial
cairn at Ardcrony, Nenagh, Co.
Ryan, Michael: A Bronze Age burial at
Moanmore, near Emly, Co.
Harbison, Peter: Some further sculpture in Ennis Friary, 39-42.
Conlan, Patrick: The Franciscan house in Thurles, 43-49.
Murphy, Charlotte: Building and related
Rynne, Etienne: John Daly and "The Bard of Thomond", 65-68.
Lucas, A.T.: A stone-laid trackway and wooden
troughs Timoney, Co.
Rynne, Etienne: Inscribed slab (1635) in
Duffy, Paul: "Robart Prince of Cashell" (note), 71-72.
Duffy, Paul: An Ennis merchant’s token (note), 73.
Murphy, Ignatius: Coastguards at Kilkee (note), 74.
Murphy, Ignatius: Prophecy (note), 74-75.
NMAJ Volume XX (1978)
Doran Patrick F.: The
Harbison Peter: The Antrim Cross in the
Kelly John G.: The condition and treatment of a stone Madonna from the Hunt Collection, 41-45.
The Craggaunowen crannog: Gangway and gate-tower:
Rynne, Etienne: I: The Archaeological Evidence, 47-52
Mac Eoin, Gearóid: II: Some literary evidence, 52-56.
White James and Rynne Etienne: Irish Medieval sculpture, 1200–1600 — a review article, 57-61.
Hunt John: Heritage in stone, 63-79.
Harbison Peter: Published work of John Hunt, 81-83.
NMAJ Volume XXI (1979)
Flanagan, Laurence N.W.: A Western Pontic
socketed axehead "from
Rynne, Etienne: An early Celtic Spanish-North Munster connection, 7-10.
Bradley, John: An inscribed stone axehead from Gorteen, Co. Clare, 11-14.
Murphy, Ignatius: Kilkee and its neighbourhood during the first year of the Great Famine, 1845–1846, 15-24.
Marrinan, Seán: An election incident in
O’Callaghan, Edward P.: Fr. Edward Thomas O’Dwyer and the General Election of 1874, 31-38.
de hÓir, Nóra: Seán Ó Dálaigh—duine a mhair ar son na hÉireann, 39-49.
Murphy, Ignatius: Chimney-sweeps in Ennis in the 1830s (note), 51.
Murphy, Ignatius: Faction fighting at Kilkee (note), 51-52.
newspaper article (The Clare Champion10/3/78): "Death of Ryan—the Clare Informer" (note), 53.
Duffy, Paul: A coin-hoard from Fountain Hill, Ennis (note), 53-54.
Duffy, Paul: A ‘lost’ coin-hoard from Clarecastle (note), 54-55.
NMAJ Volume XXII (1980)
Cleary, Rose M. & Jones, Caimin: A
cist-burial at Ballynagallagh, near Lough Gur, Co.
Ryan, Michael: An Early Christian hoard from
Rynne, Etienne: The round towers of
O’Farrell, Fergus: ‘Our Lord’s Pity’ in Ennis Friary, 33-37.
Duffy, Paul: The last coins struck at the
Murphy, Charlotte: The Limerick Navigation Company, 1697–1836, 43-61.
O’Farrell, Fergus: Tombslab (1626) at Lorrha,
Hewson, Michael: North-West Clare in 1841 (note), 64-66.
Wallace, Patrick F.: The Southern Cross (1928-1937) (note), 68-69.
NMAJ Volume XXIII (1981)
Sheehan, John & Moore Fionnbar: An unrecorded ecclesiastical enclosure at Ballyallaban, Co. Clare, 5-8.
Fanning, Thomas: The British Museum catalogue of medieval tiles—a review, incorporating the Irish evidence, 9-16.
Mac Aodha, Breandán S.: Ainmneacha bhailte Luimnigh ar na léarscáileanna, 1573–1851, 17-24.
McNamara, Leo F. (ed.): The diary of an eighteenth century Clare gentleman, 25-65.
Hewson, Michael: Emigration to the ‘North
American Colonies’ from the
Murphy, Ignatius: Kilkee and its neighbourhood during the second year of the Great Famine, 1846–1847, 77-87.
Costello, Con: A Kerry ‘Moonlighter’, 89-92.
Rynne, Etienne: Crannogs in Lough Atedaun, Corofin, Co. Clare (note), 93-94.
O’Farrell, Fergus: ‘Our Lord’s Pity’—corrigendum et addendum (note), 95.
Murphy, Ignatius: Projected railways to
Marrinan, Sean: Faction fighting in Co. Limerick, 1875 (note), 98.
NMAJ Volume XXIV (1982)
Rynne, Etienne: The Early Iron Age in
Wallace, Patrick F.: Irish Early Christian ‘wooden’ oratories—a suggestion, 19-28.
Sheehan, John: The Early Historic church-sites of North Clare, 29-47.
O’Mahony, S.C.: Gleanings from the Coote household accounts, 1776–1785, 55-60.
Tynan, Michael: Bishop Young’s Catechism, 61-73.
Murphy, Ignatius: Children in Kilrush Union during the Great Famine, 74-80.
Lucas, A.T.: Houses with decorative roof
linings at Dunabrattin and Ballynakill, Co.
Ó Danachair, Caoimhín: Some aspects of social tradition, 92-98.
Brindley, A.L. & Lanting, J.N.: A
radiocarbon date for a Burial at Ardcrony, Co.
Cahill, Mary: A Roman-type fibula from the Rock of Cashel (note), 99-101.
Sheehan, John: A Viking-age silver hoard from the River Shannon, Co. Clare (note), 102-103.
Murphy, Ignatius: Postal services in Clare in the late 18th and early 19th centuries (note), 104-105.
Marrinan, Sean: Dickens in
NMAJ Volume XXV (1983)
Ó Floinn, Raghnall: A gold band found near
Lynch, Ann: Excavations at the base of St. Patrick’s Cross, Cashel, 9-18.
Irwin, Liam: The historiography of the
twelfth century reform in
Buckley, Ann: A note on the history and
archaeology of Jew’s Harps in
de h-Óir, Siobhán: The Mount Callan ogham stone and its context, 43-57.
Marrinan, Sean: An additional list of
Murphy, Ignatius: The appointment of Catholic bishops to Killaloe Diocese, l819–l851, 63-68.
Tankard, Peter M.: The Unidentified Arms at St. Mary’s Cathedral (note), 69-71.
Duffy, Paul: A Numismatic Portrait of Brian Boru (note), 71-72.
Duffy, Paul: A Limerick Pawnshop Farthing (note), 73-74.
Harrison, John M.: A Bed Outshot in
Rynne, Etienne: A Baptismal Font-cover: Caput Johannis in Disco? (note), 77-78.
NMAJ Volume XXVI (1984)
Coles, John M.: Irish bogs: the time is now, 3-7.
O’Farrell, Fergus: ‘The Cross in the Field’, Kilfenora—part of a ‘Founder’s Tomb’? 8-13.
Bradley, John: The sarcophagus at Cormac’s
Chapel, Cashel, Co.
Sweetman, P. D.: Archaeological excavations
at Kilcash Church, Co.
Clyne, Miriam: Romanesque carvings at
MacAodha, Breandán S.: Ainmneacha bhailte Tiobraid Árann ar na Léarscáileanna, 1573–1864, 54-64.
Murphy, Ignatius: Re-organisation of the
Diocese of Kilfenora, Kilmacduagh,
Higgins, Jim: An example of The Nine Irons from County Clare, 75-83.
Rynne, Etienne & de Búrca Marcus: The Croke All Ireland Football Challenge Cup, 84-92.
Walsh, Larry: A
Manning, Conleth: A Neolithic Burial at
Kelly, E. P.: Medieval metal objects from Baunkyle, Co. Clare (note), 96-99.
de hÓir, Siobhán: The Mount Callan ogham stone—a footnote (note), 99.
Tynan, Michael: Silvester Goonan’s sermons (note), 100-102.
Murphy, Ignatius: Proposed canal in West Clare (note), 102-103.
Murphy, Ignatius: Longevity in
Duffy, Paul: Three minor numismatic finds
Marrinan, Sean: The Ball at Roxborough House, 1895 (note), 106-108.
Harrison, John M.: Smokehole experiments at Craggaunowen (note), 108-109.
NMAJ Volume XXVII (1985)
Cleary, R.M.: Archaeological investigation of
a ringfort at Ballyduff, Co.
Stalley, Roger: The original site of St. Patrick’s Cross, Cashel, 8-10.
Tankard, Peter M.: The Tankards of Tankardstown: Flemish or Norman? 11-14.
Kerrigan, Colm: Father Mathew in
Ó Cathaoir, Brendan: Smith O’Brien’s retribution, 70-74.
O’Donovan, Patrick: A henge at Garryard (note), 75-77.
Rynne, Etienne: Face Carved on a
O’Farrell, Fergus: Incised slab at Athassel
Marrinan, Sean: A Presbyterian communion
Duffy, Paul: The Stein Brown and Company distillery tokens (note), 85-87.
de hÓir, Siobhán: Jew’s harp makers in
Murphy, Ignatius: Ennis Temperance Society, 1835–1839 (note), 88-89.
NMAJ Volume XXVIII (1986)
Cahill, Mary: A dentist’s dilemma, 3-6.
Kilbride-Jones, H. F.: Early ecclesiastical art in Chorca Dhuibhne and its implications abroad, 7-15.
Lucas, A.T.: A two-chute horizontal mill at
Bradley, John: The medieval towns of Kerry, 28-39.
Rynne, Etienne: A 16th or 17th century skean
from the River Shannon at Corbally,
Mac Aodha, Breandán: Ainmneacha bhailte Chiarraí: an fhianaise cartagrafach, 46-57.
Murphy, Ignatius: Two early eighteenth century Bishops of Killaloe, 58-61.
McNamara, Leo F.: Some Matters Touching Dromoland: letters of father and son, 1758–59, 62-70.
Murphy, Ignatius: Balloon flights in
Fallon, Brian: William Mulready, Ennis-born artist, 1786–1863, 74-76.
Ó Madagáin, Breandán:
Marrinan, Sean: A relic of the past (note), 103.
Rimbault, Edward F.: Origin of the Jews harp (note), 103-104.
Fox, Edward: A preventative against milk-stealing (note), 104.
NMAJ Volume XXIX (1987)
Rynne, Etienne: Evidence for a tympanum at Aghadoe, Co. Kerry, 3-6.
Harbison, Peter: Two Romanesque carvings from Rath Blathmaic and Dysert O’Dea, Co. Clare, 7-11.
Kilbride-Jones H. E.: Giving credit where credit is due—a review article, 12-15.
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: History of an O’Brien stronghold: Clonroad c.1210–1626, 16-31.
Murphy, Ignatius: Sylvester Lloyd, O.F.M., Bishop of Killaloe, 1728–1739, 41-48.
Kelly, James: A tour in the South of Ireland in 1782, 49-67.
Duffy, Paul: Ardnacrusha: birthplace of the E.S.B., 68-92.
Kelly, Eamonn P.: A log-boat from Clenagh, Co. Clare (note), 93-94.
O’Regan, Donal J.: A note on a destroyed
ringfort near Drom, Templemore, Co.
Murphy, Ignatius: Sending a telegram in
Cussen, John: Note on the murder of John O’Connell Curtin (note), 95-96.
Lysaght, P.: Some Gaelic words still used in the Listowel district (note), 96.
Rynne, Etienne: Two May Day customs in North Clare (note), 96.
NMAJ Volume XXX (1988)
Sheehan, John: A bronze bell-crest from the
Rock of Cashel, Co.
Bradley, John: The medieval borough of Bunratty, 19-25.
Marrinan, Seán: Castles and schools in the Roxborough area, 26-28.
Coonerty, Paula: The Presentation Order and
de hÓir, Siobhán: A Welsh quarryman’s grave at
Castletown Arra, Co.
Mac Conghail, Muiris: Kerry tales of Italian origin—a review article, 46-49.
Rynne, Etienne: A gilt-bronze brooch from near Kilshanny, Co. Clare (note), 52-54.
Robinson, Dick: The Loop Head lighthouse (note), 55-57.
Hodkinson, B.J.: A note on the placename Rathurd in the Liberties of Limerick (note), 57.
NMAJ Volume XXXI (1989)
General Index, Volumes I–XXX (1938–1988)
List of illustrations, vii.
Rynne, Etienne: Editorial, ix-xi.
Gleeson, Carol: Introduction, xiii-xiv.
Identification of Authors using initials only, xv.
I. Index of authors, 1-24.
II. Index of articles and notes, 25-48.
III. Index of subjects, names and places, 49-76.
IV. Index of books reviewed, 77-101.
V. Index of illustrations, 103-118.
VI. Index of obituary notices, 119-120.
VII. Index of Proceedings, 121-150.
VIII. Officers of the Thomond Archaeological Society, 1929–1989, 151-154.
Illustrations of an
artifact and a monument from each of the counties in
Appendix: Reprint of the Index to The Journal of The Limerick Field Club
(1897–1908) and The Journal of the
NMAJ Volume XXXII (1990)
Rynne, Etienne: The swastika at Ennis—symbol of the Resurrection, 3-18.
Ó Floinn, Raghnall: Two ancient bronze bells from Rath Blathmach, Co. Clare, 19-31.
Fisher, Ian: A 13th-century architectural fragment at Killinaboy, Co. Clare, 32-34.
Maher, Denise: Masons marks at the
Augustinian abbey, Fethard, Co.
Hodkinson, Brian: "The Priory of the Hospital of Sts Mary and Edward, King and Martyr, Known as Holy Cross, O.S.A., near the Bridge of Limerick", 41-49.
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: Mistress, mother and abbess: Renalda Ní Bhriain (c.1447-1510), 50-63.
Sheehan, John: A seventeenth-century dried cat from Ennis Friary, Co. Clare, 64-69.
Lysaght, P.B.: The House of Industry: a register 1774-1793, 70-74.
Hannan, Kevin: The Theatre in
Potterton, Robert and O’Mara Carton, E.: Joseph O’Meara, 83-95.
McNabb, S.: A note on the reconstructed High
Cross at Roscrea, Co.
McMahon, J. and Rynne, E.: A destroyed rath
at Kilscannell, near Ardagh, Co.
Hodkinson, Brian: Burials at Stradbally
North, Castleconnell, Co.
Hodkinson, Brian: A missing history of Limerick Cathedral, 99-100.
Lysaght, P.: Some Irish plant names used until recently in North Kerry, 101.
NMAJ Volume XXXIII (1991)
Ó Drisceoil, Diarmuid: Fulachta fiadh: a general statement, 3-6.
McCarthy, Caron: The excavation of
Bradley, John and King, Heather: Archaeological trial excavations at Bunratty, Co. Clare, 16-21.
Hanley, Mary: The story of Máire Ruadh, 22-28.
Beggan, Gerard: Land-fraud in Seventeenth Century Limerick: a unique case, 29-40.
Ó Madagáin, Breandan: Dáibhí Ó Bruadair and
Irish culture in
Dudley-Edwards, Owen: Who was Mac An Cheannuidhe? A mystery of the birth of the Aisling, 55-77.
Thomas P. O’Neill: Religion, land and laws in eighteenth century Thomond, 78-83.
Murphy, Charlotte: Baron Monteagle of
Rynne, Etienne: Observations arising from comments on the social conditions in Clare a hundred years ago, 94-98.
Cahill, M.: Notes on the re-provenancing of
two gold dress-fasteners from Counties Tipperary and
Walsh, L.: Two new
Walsh, L.: A
Duffy, P.: The Peter Tait token, 104-105.
NMAJ Volume XXXIV (1992)
O’Carroll, Finola and Ryan, Michael: A Late Bronze Age hoard from Enagh East, Co. Clare, 3-12.
Newman, Jeremiah: Scattery: an unknown part of the Diocese of Limerick, 13-29.
Maher, Denise: A medieval grave-slab at
Hodkinson, Brian: Serious crime in 14th century Co. Limerick, 37-43.
Ellis, Steven G.: ‘Civilizing’ Tudor Ireland: a review article, 44-47.
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: A comparative study of the wills of the first and fourth Earls of Thomond, 48-63.
Hannan, Kevin: The cat with two tails, 64-66.
Cowman, Des: The mid-nineteenth century lead mines of County Clare, 67-78.
Ballard M., Linda: Dressing for death, 79-91.
Prendergast, Frank: The Limerick Soviet—a review article, 92-96.
Rynne, E.: Adare, Athenry and the
McMahon, J.: Dug-out canoe from near Ardagh,
Duffy, P.: The absence of body-snatching in
Lysaght, P.: Edward Fitzgibbon, Limerick-born angling expert, 101-103.
Rynne, E.: The Loop Head lighthouse: a footnote and a correction, 103.
NMAJ Volume XXXV (1993-4)
Cahill, Mary: Some unrecorded Bronze-Age gold ornaments from Co. Limerick, 5-23.
Kilbride-Jones, Howard E. and Rynne, Etienne: The Hunt Museum—a review article, 24-28.
Bradley, John: The archaeology and history of Saint Patrick: a review article, 29-44.
Picard, Jean-Michel (trans.): La Vie de S. Sané: a seventeenth century life of Saint Senan—Albert le Grand (1629), 45-51.
O’Sullivan, Aidan: An Early Historic period fishweir on the Fergus estuary, Co. Clare, 52-61.
Hodkinson, Brian J.: A fifteenth-century
Irwin, Liam: Begley’s Diocese of Limerick: a review article, 76-80.
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: Students from
de hÓir, Nóra: Éamonn agus Nóra de h-Óir: scéal faoi Éirí Amach na Cásga, 92-97.
Lucas, A.T.: Magic, 98-103.
O’Brien, Caimin: A 13th-century hall house at
Duffy, Paul: Some Limerick peruke-makers, 106.
Duffy, Paul: Turf steam and the Stein Brown distillery chimney, 107-108.
Lysaght, P.B.: The Burren and
Lysaght, P.B.: Scythes and mowing in North Kerry, 109-111.
Lysaght, P.B. and E. Rynne: Old country houses: two comments, 109-111.
NMAJ Volume XXXVI (1995)
McMahon, Jerry: The headstone inscriptions of Ardagh cemetery, Co. Limerick, 3-59.
Ó Cróinín, Dáibhí: Mute stones with much to say: a review article, 61-64.
Cahill, Mary & Ó Floinn, Raghnall: Two silver kite brooches from near Limerick City, 65-82.
de Paor, Liam & Glenn, Deirdre: St. Caimin’s, Inis Cealtra: reconstruction of the doorway, 87-103.
Breen, Martin: A 1570 list of castles in
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: An inventory of the
MacAodha, Breandán S.: Rian an Bhéarla ar áitainmníocht an Chláir, 166-170.
Rynne, Etienne: A destroyed cashel near Ennis (note), 171-172.
Ó Murchadha, Seán: Window spandrels from Castletown (Doora) Castle, near Ennis (note), 172.
Duffy, Paul: The Limerick Mont de Piété—a further note, 173-174.
Lysaght, Paddy: ‘High Cross, Strong Horse’ (note), 174-175.
NMAJ Volume XXXVII (1996)
Ó Nualláin, Seán & Cody, Eamon: A
re-examination of four sites in Grange townland, Lough Gur, Co.
Mac Aodha, Breandán S.: Eilimintí tírghnéithíochta in áitainmneacha an Chláir, 15-20.
de Paor, Liam: The history of the monastic site of Inis Cealtra, Co. Clare, 21-32.
Murphy, Ignatius: ‘Sheedy’s Fort’, Kilkee, 33-36.
Hodkinson, B.J.: Summary report on the
excavations at St. Mary’s Cathedral,
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: The disappearance of the effigy of Bishop Cornelius O’Dea, 88-91.
Ó Murchadha, Ciarán: The priests and people of Killaloe diocese—after Cromwell: a review article, 92-98.
Mulveen, Jack: The origin and development of ocupational graveslabs, 99-106.
Duffy, Paul & Rynne, Etienne: Studdart’s Bridge, Bunratty, 107-111.
Hill, Judith: A market gardener’s house in
McDonald, Kevin: Three unrecorded megalithic tombs in East Clare (note), 127-129.
McDonald, Kevin: An Early Christian carving from near Feakle, Co. Clare (note), 129-131.
Cleary, Rose M.: Archaeological investigation
of the site of a star-shaped fort at Singland, Garryowen,
Murphy, Ignatius: How the Birr stone was brought to Cullaun, 134-136.
NMAJ Volume 38 (1997)
Curtin, Gerard: A
Galvin, John: Fr. Aengus Buckley OP, 1913–78, 9-16
Canning, Bernard J.: Limerick priests in
Moloney, Tadhg: Limerick and the war in
Irwin, Liam: An Irishman in
Tobin, Matthew: Priests of the diocese of
NMAJ Volume 39 (1998–99)
Corlett, Christiaan: The Limerick Field Club and the O’Curry Memorial, 1-6.
O’Carroll, Gerald: Penal reform and gaol
construction: a case study of
Hodkinson, Brian: Summary report on two sites
in the medieval town of
Murphy, Noel: Sir George Thornton, 77-86.
Moloney, Tadhg: Belgian refugees in
Hodkinson, Brian: The Limerick Corporation Index of 1843, 91-146.
Murphy, Charlotte: Some glimpses of life in
Mulligan, Liam: Crime and punishment (note), 148-149.
Murphy, Charlotte: Eighteenth century remains
NMAJ Volume 40 (2000) [title page incorrectly says 42]
O’Mahony, S.C.: Cromwellian transplantation
Chapple, Robert M.: Reconstructing the past: charting the destruction of Doonlicka Castle, Co. Clare, 53-62.
Levistone Cooney, D.A.: John Wesley in
Prendergast, Frank: Irish idiom in
McMahon, Deirdre: The attack on Kilmallock R.I.C. barracks, May 1920, 89-94.
Irwin, Liam: An unhappy experience in Cruise’s Hotel, 95-96.
Hodkinson, Brian J.:
O’Carroll, Cian: Evidence for the singing voice of Catherine Hayes, 98-99.
Irwin, Liam: A nineteenth-century description of Kilpeacon Church, 99-101.
NMAJ Volume 41 (2001)
Ó hAnnracháin, Eoghan: Sidy Macnamara and sixty-two others: Claremen in the Hôtel Royal des Invalides, 1-22.
Nic Éinri, Úna: Seán Clárach Mac Domhnaill sa Chúirt, 23-34.
O’Carroll, Gerald: Judge Robert Day, 1746–1841, 35-43.
Fitzpatrick, Martin: Cahermore stone fort, Co. Clare: survey and excavation, 45-64.
Potter, Matthew: William Monsell, an Irish Catholic Unionist, 65-73.
Power, Margaret M.C.: Sir Richard Bourke and his tenants, 1815–1855, 75-87.
Morris, Ivan: The Limerick printing industry, 89-92.
Irwin, Liam: Chronicon Westroporum: a review article, 93-98.
Lysaght, Paddy: An early nineteenth century
Coleman, Patrick: Shanagolden celebrates O’Connell’s victory (note), 101-102.
Coleman, Patrick: Granagh-Ballingarry farmers (note), 103-104.
Coleman, Patrick: Rev. Patrick Macnamara (note) 104-105.
McCloskey, Morgan: The evolution of the Lych stile (note), 105-106.
McCloskey, Morgan: Interesting feature at
Hodkinson, Brian: Lenihan’s mayoral list (note), 107-108.
NMAJ Volume 42 (2002)
Hodkinson, Brian: The topography of Pre-Norman Limerick, 1-6.
Tait, Clodagh: The Earl and the Bishop:
further light on the Thomond and O’Dea monuments in St. Mary’s Cathedral,
Potter, Matthew: The architectural legacy of Eyre Massey, 3rd Lord Clarina (1798–1872), 11-20.
Norton, Desmond: Distress and benevolence on
Ó hAnnracháin, Eoghan:
Collins, Tracy: Archaeological excavation at
Mac Peaircín, Liam: William Smith O’Brien, an scoláire Gaeilge, 89-112.
Eogan, James: Excavations at a cairn in Coolnatullagh townland, Co. Clare, 113-150.
O’Carroll, Gerald: Diary of Mr. Justice Robert Day of Kerry (1746–1841), 151-174.
Donovan, Tom: Ice houses at Glin (note), 175-176.
Curtin, Gerard: Two unrecorded standing stones near Shanagolden (note),
Lysaght, Paddy: A Frenchman in
Canning, Bernard J.: A notable Limerick
NMAJ Volume 43 (2003)
Logan, John: Robert Clive’s Irish peerage and estate, 1761–1842, 1-19.
O'Sullivan, Jerry; Roberts, Julie & Halliday, Stuart: Archaeological excavation of medieval, post-medieval and modern burials at Ennis Friary, Co. Clare, 21-42.
Power, Margaret: Sir Richard Bourke and his locality, 43-51.
Chapple, Robert M.: Ringfort morphology and
distribution on the Loop Head peninsula,
Norton, Desmond: The Limerick estate of Sergeant Warren during the Great Famine, 75-83.
Whelan, Bernadette: ‘What does
Gwyn, David: A Welsh quarryman in
Ryan, Mary T.: Trouble on the Bilboa Estate, 110-113.
O'Rahilly, Celie: Geraldine coat of arms rediscovered at Adare Franciscan Friary (note), 115-116.
Hodkinson, Brian: Late townland formation in North-East Co. Limerick (note), 117.
McCloskey, Morgan: Castleconnell inscribed slab (note), 118.
Hodkinson, Brian: The Knights Templar house
Irwin, Liam: Visit of the Marquis of
Lansdowne to his
Hodkinson, Brian: The place names Maidstown
and Ballinvreena, Co.
Donovan, Tom: Crime in
NMAJ Volume 44 (2004)
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: Eoghan Ó Comhraí and the local perspective, 1-14.
Sherlock, Rory: Newly recorded figurative
carvings on tower houses in
Moloney, Tadhg: British Army recruitment in
Agstner, Rudolf: Austro-Hungarian consulates
Hodkinson, Brian: Was
Vincent, Peter: Loess on the Burren, 59-66.
Collins, Tracy: Stone undercrofts at
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: The Earl of Thomond’s dispute with the Lord of Kerry and the fate of Bunratty Library 1639–41, 75-79.
Ó hAnnracháin, Eoghan: Some Thomond Troopers
in 18th century
Mulligan, William P.: Some old
O’Halloran, Michael: An Askeaton mystery solved (note), 99-100.
Breeze, Andrew: Gerald Manley Hopkins and the well at Singland (note), 101-102.
Mulligan, William P.: Law and order in early
NMAJ Volume 45 (2005)
Ó hAnnracháin, Eoghan: Munster Galley Slaves, 7-18.
Conlan, Patrick: The Conlan coin collection, 19-31.
Ó Dálaigh, Brian; Breen, Martin &
UaCróinín, Ristéard: The
Coyne, Frank: Excavation of an Early Medieval
‘plectrum-shaped’ enclosure at Newtown, Co.
Chapple, Robert: Early Christian settlement and society: a multivariate statistical model for the Loop Head peninsula, Co. Clare, 65-94.
Howard, Leonard: Castlemahon Creamery 1890–95, 95-118.
O’Callaghan, John: Republican administration
of local government in
Mullins, Gerry: Nuremburg counter from
Hodkinson, Brian: A possible gunport in
Janes, Tom: Limekiln at Rossbrien, 142-146.
McCloskey, Morgan: A Limerick Merchant’s Mark, 147-149.
Hodkinson, Brian: Castle Amery, 149-150.
Donovan, Tom (ed.): Some records of Limerick Assizes, 151-154.
NMAJ Volume 46 (2006)
Hodkinson, Brian: Some thoughts on early Norman Limerick and the mayoralty, 1-4.
Lucey, John: Gillebert of
O’Donoghue, Mary: A study of medieval
settlements in Ainy Manor,
Hodkinson, Brian: In search of medieval Nenagh, 31-42.
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: Brian Merriman and his contemporaries, 43-49.
Mulligan, William P.: The closure of the Limerick House of Industry in 1841, 51-81.
Lyons, Tony: The hedge schools of County Limerick, 83-95.
McGrath, John: Music and politics: marching
bands in late nineteenth-century
Gleeson, Martin: Aircraft crashes and forced landings in the mid-west region during WW2, 107-118.
Tempan, Paul: Two mountain names: Slieve Felim and Mauherslieve, 119-125.
Fannin, Samuel: A seventeenth-century
Limerick document from
Curtin, Gerard (submitted): newspaper article ‘Famine and deliverance at Shanagolden in 1830’, Limerick Evening Post and Clare Sentinel, 27 July 1830. (note), 131-132.
Hodkinson, Brian: Rossary beg townland (note), 132-133.
Mulcahy, Noel: Irish peregrini in Tuscany/Umbria/Lombardy (note), 133-136.
NMAJ Volume 47 (2007)
Moloney, Colm: The Mont de Piété:
archaeological evidence for a nineteenth-century pawn shop in
Lynch, Linda G.: 'All shall forgotten lie' -
archaeological excavations at Sir Harry's Mall,
Morrissey, Thomas J.: The career and problem
of David Wolfe, 1528-1579? Jesuit, and Papal Commissary to
Hodkinson, Brian: A history and archaeology of the Liberties of Limerick to c. 1650, 39-65.
Murphy, Charlotte: St Michael's Graveyard,
Ó Dálaigh, Brian: 'The last of the hereditary bards of Thomond' Séamus Mac Cruitín 1815-70, 77-90.
Conlan, Patrick: The Franciscan Friary at Askeaton, 91-94.
aan de Wiel, Jérôme: The Principality of Thomond and His
Royal Highness Raymond Moulton Seághan O'Brien, 1936-1963;
Hodkinson, Brian: The original City Arms? (note), 111-114.
Murphy, Charlotte: Milestones on the
Ó Cearbhaill, Pádraig: Slieve Felim and Maugherslieve (a further note), 118-119.
NMAJ Volume 48 (2008)
McInerney, Luke: Clerics and clansmen: the vicarages and rectories of _Tradraighe_ in the fifteenth century, 1-21.
Hodkinson, Brian: The medieval manor of Aherlow, 23-25.
Curtin, Gerard: Early church sites and Dún place-names in Co. Limerick, 27-32.
McInerney, Luke: The West Clann Chuiléin lordship in 1586: evidence from a forgotten inquisition, 33-
Cleary, Rose M.:
Deegan, Michael: Merchants and the economic
and social development of
Moloney, Tadhg: The
Moloney, Tadhg: The effect of the Parnellite
Split on politics in
Spillane, Milo: William Molyneux's
'Geographical Collections for
Curtin, Gerard: Two unrecorded standing
Murphy, Charlotte: A milestone at
Hodkinson, Brian: Rabbit warrens in medieval
Keyes, Joseph: Free dental service, 149.
NMAJ Volume 49 (2009)
Hodkinson, Brian: The origin and dating of
the name of
McInerney, Luke: Land and lineage: the McEnerhinys of Ballysallagh in the sixteenth century, 7-32.
Lyons, Claire E.: Three unpublished letters of Sylvester O'Halloran, 33-43.
Martin, Séamus: From Limerick to
Moloney, Tadhg: The 1798 centenary and local
Seoighe, Mainchín: Aspects of the Great
Lennon, Joseph: The decline and fall of the Ballynaguarde Estate, 85-89.
Fischer, Lenore: Teo poets and the legend of Brian Bóraimhe, 91-109.
Anderson, Trevor: The Dáil Courts in
Murphy, Charlotte: Survey: milestones in Co. Limerick, 125-129.
Curtin, Gerard: Survey: The geographical
position of standing stones in northwest
newspaper article: Death of the Queen (Leinster Leader, 30 January 1901), 133.
newspaper article: Lady Limerick to tour in concert (Washington Post, 14 December 1904), 134.
newspaper article: Crimeless Limerick (Limerick Leader, 5 July 1901), 135.