SETTLEMENT AND SOCIETY IN MEDIEVAL IRELAND
Edited by John Bradley
EARLY HISTORIC AND VIKING IRELAND.
- Swan, D.L. (Leo): The Early Christian ecclesiastical sites of County Westmeath, 3-31.
- Ryan, Michael: Fine metalworking and early Irish monasteries: the archaeological evidence, 33-48.
- Bradley, John: The interpretation of Scandinavian settlement in Ireland, 49-78.
- Ó Cuív, Brian: Personal names as an indicator of relations between native Irish and settlers in the Viking period, 79-88.
- Kavanagh Rhoda M.: The horse in Viking Ireland, 89-121.
- Wallace, Patrick F.: Archaeology and the emergence of Dublin as the principal town of Ireland, 123-160.
- Fanning, Thomas: Three ringed pins from Viking Dublin and their significance, 161-175.
- Haworth Richard: The site of St Olave’s Church, Dublin, 177-191.
- Eagar Brian: The Cambro-Normans and the lordship of Leinster, 193-205.
- Empey C. A.: The Anglo-Norman settlement in the Cantred of Eliogarty, 207-228.
- Flanagan Marie Therese: Henry II and the kingdom of Uí Fáeláin, 229-239.
- Graham Brian J.: Economy and town in Anglo-Norman Ireland, 241-260.
- Brand Paul The formation of a parish: the case of Beaulieu, County Louth, 261-275.
- Jäger Helmut: Medieval landscape terms of Ireland: the evidence of Latin and English documents, 277-290.
- Simms Anngret: The geography of Irish manors: the example of the Llanthony cells of Duleek and Colp in County Meath. (With an appendix by John Bradley), 291-326.
- Mullally Evelyn: Hiberno-Norman literature and its public, 327-343.
LATE MEDIEVAL IRELAND
- Barry T. B.: ‘The people of the country…dwell scattered’. The pattern of rural settlement in Ireland in the later middle ages, 345-360.
- Walsh Katherine: The clerical estate in later medieval Ireland: alien settlement or element of conciliation? 361-377.
- Ó hÉailidhe P.: The cloister arcade from Cook Street, Dublin, 379-395.
- Stalley Roger: Sailing to Santiago: the medieval pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela and its artistic influence in Ireland, 397-420.
- O'Neill Timothy: A fifteenth-century entrepreneur. Germyn Lynch fl. 1441–1483, 421-428.
- MacCurtain Margaret: A lost landscape: the Geraldine castles and tower houses of the Shannon estuary, 429-444.
- Bradshaw Brendan: The reformation in the cities: Cork, Limerick and Galway: 1534–1603, 445-476.
- Newman Johnson David: Portumna Castle—a little-known early survey and some observations, 477-503.
- O’Reilly Clare: The writings of Professor F. X. Martin, o.s.a. 1947–88, 505-524.